Friday, April 14, 2017

Tools For Delivering Instruction

This week we explored different tools that can aid in the delivery of instruction.  I chose to explore the app called Explain Everything. This app allows you to create lessons, presentations, and projects using various media tools like text, video, and pictures. I was a little overwhelmed by all the options available to create a project with, so I kept it simple and created a quick lesson on Independent and Dependent clauses, mainly because I know I could use it later.  It took me a while of just playing around on the app to figure out how to do this, and I watched the tutorial, but I honestly did not find it very helpful.  I do like that you can highlight parts of the project for emphasis and also record a voice-over.  I like the idea of this app and I think that teachers could collaborate and edit lessons together through their devices which is beneficial. There is also a discover feature on the app that allows you to browse lessons and projects created by others, and you can edit them for content if you need to. I had a bit of trouble navigating this app, however I had the free version, so maybe the full version would be more user friendly, or maybe I just need to play around with it more.

 Here is a link to my lesson: Faun's Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment