Monday, April 3, 2017

Digital Storytelling

I had a lot of fun with this week's assignment.  I chose to make a digital storytelling video, and I chose to tell a story about my favorite subject, my son. My story gives viewers a glimpse into my life as a single mom with my son. I used Windows Movie Maker to make this video, which was a lot better experience for me than my previous experience with iMovie. It is more user friendly in my opinion.  I made the video using photos and music I already had on my computer, and was able to make an actual credits clip, which was something I could not figure out with iMovie. As a future English teacher, this type of product could be used for student projects, or book trailers that students could watch/make if they wanted to learn about a book.  It was actually a fun process making it and it could really be used in many ways. Here is my video:


1 comment:

  1. Hey Faun,
    We decided to create the same type of product, digital storytelling. This assignment was pretty fun to me also, as I mentioned in my blog post. It is something that I can use in my personal life as well as my profession as a teacher. Faun, I always find your post interested. I love the fact you created music into your story, not to mention I LOVE that song. Being that I made a child book, I didn’t think music would have been necessary. You had great illustrations that were used to create your video. I really could use those images and paint a picture of the scenes in my head. Your son is so freaking adorable, by the way. Next time I am asked to create a digital story, I am definitely doing a clip of something important in my life.

    ReplyDelete