Sunday, February 19, 2017

Exploring Web-Tools

This week we had to create a presentation that explained the concepts of Web 2.0 and 3.0.  I used the website PowToon.com to create my presentation.  This website allows the user to create animated movies and slideshows.  It is a really fun website, and is extremely user friendly. I had never heard of this website, but was able to create my presentation with ease.  I like that you could select pre-designed templates, or start from scratch.  I chose to start from scratch because I knew what information I had and how I wanted it presented, but it was time consuming.  The best part was choosing the graphics, fonts, colors and pictures. It even has stock photos and music you can add to your presentation, some of which require a membership, but others are free.  I also liked that I could export my video directly to YouTube with the click of a button.  Overall, this website is extremely fun and effective in creating presentations, especially if you are like me and are drawn to the funky graphics. This tool could easily be used to present various information in class to students, or in an informal presentation for colleagues in much the same way you can use PowerPoint.  I feel like elementary students would especially appreciate the fun graphics.

Here is a link to my video:

https://youtu.be/Wp3diL4MfF4

1 comment:

  1. Hey Faun,

    I really liked the photos and sounds that were available through PowToon. It was easy to use and quit addictive. I think this would be a great tool to use in the classroom. Our kids would love the recording option. Kids love to hear themselves.

    ReplyDelete